Rudimentary rubrics of playing Baccarat
- Once all the bets are placed at the baccarat table, both the player hand and the bank hand are dealt, each of which contains two cards each.
- The goal here is to predict the hand that will have a total that is most close to 9
- If you are a player, you can wager on the tie bet, the player hand or the bank hand
- In this game, as aces count as one, faces and tens account to zero whereas other cards count their face value
- You can only subtract ten from the total if the count of a hand surpasses 9
- Since the maximum of cards per hand is three, some house rules ascertain whether the player or the bank hand will receive a thrown card
- A 1 to 1 payoff is guaranteed for players who bet on a winning player hand
- If you bet on a winning bank hand, you receive a 1 to 1 payoff. However, you must remit 5% commission. You have a 19 to 20 payoff odds
- A winning tie wager has payoff odds of 8 to 1
The game of baccarat may appear as intimidating to some people (average players of course), whereas others find it serious and elegant. However, it is a simple game to play. For your information, in any casino, the house edge is always the lowest.
Baccarat is a game, which anchors on the ‘baccara,’ an Italian game. The meaning of the word is zero, which translates that in baccarat, all tens and cards are valued at zero. Baccarat was a popular game in the 1400s, especially in France and Italy. Most of the French royalty used to play it. This game survived through the ban on public gambling, which was in effect in France by 1837. It is a game, which was played by common people as well as the elite of society. As such, the game continued to grow with time and found its way into the casinos of Riviera. This made it a premier game in most of the casinos in Europe.
Baccarat has grown over the years into several versions of the original. Even though the rules are virtually the same, there is a difference in the manner in which the cards are dealt. These versions include:
- Punto Banco or the American Baccarat
- Chemin de fer or the Chemmy
Baccarat Banque Tommy Renzoni, a professional gambler was able to convince Sands Casino management to try Punto Banco, thereby orchestrating a debut in of this game in Las Vegas on 20th November 1959. He had previously introduced the same baccarat in Cuba, witnessed its success, and made several modifications to it. He knew that it would hit in Las Vegas. The game became so popular in Las Vegas that other casinos started offering it. That is how its popularity rose.
To many Indians, Baccarat is an intimidating game only played by high rollers in a separate part of the casino. In reality, it is not because there are low stakes versions of Baccarat that are played on a blackjack-sized table in the main casino. Merits of playing Baccarat
This is why you should play Baccarat:
- The rules are easy
- Even if you are not experienced in this game, you will still get the best odds in a casino
- Regardless of the eve of your wager, you will still find high and low stakes versions of Baccarat in a casino
- Online casinos also have the Baccarat game
What is the goal of playing Baccarat?
In Baccarat, only the Bank and the Player Hands are dealt, irrespective of the number of players. Nor prior to the cards being dealt, you have to place a bet with chips on which hand will come close to a total of nine. Your bet can be on the bank hand, the player hand, or a tie. If it is a tie, it means both hands will have a similar total. It is also important to note that you can bet on any combination if you so wish.
The player hand
If you place a winning bet on the player hand, you will get a 1 to 1 payoff. For instance, if you wager $20 on the player hand and you win, you will get $20 in winnings.
The bank hand
When you place a winning bet on the bank hand, you get a 1 to 1 payoff. However, you have to pay 5% commission on your winning bet. For instance, if you place a $20 bet you will get $19. 50.
If you win a bet on the Tie, you get an 8 to 1 payoff. In other words, if you win, you get eight winning chips, and you also retain the 1 chip you bet on the Tie. After winning a tie, you can decide to remove or add more chips to the bet switch bets or just remove them all together.
Value of baccarat cards
This game uses 8 decks of cards which are dealt from dealing a shoe. All these cards have a numerical value, which includes: • The value of tens and picture cards is zero
• The numerical value of aces is
• Cards between 2 and 9 have a numerical value that is equal to their face value. Baccarat’s highest total per hand is 9. However, if the numerical value in hand surpasses 9 you can drop the first digit of the sum or subtract ten from the total.
Baccarat table sizes
Baccarat has three table sizes that are the full-size Punto Banco Baccarat, Mini-Baccarat, and Midi-Baccarat. Full-size Punto Banco table is located in the high limit pit and can accommodate up to 14 players. Its betting limits are high. On the other hand, Mini-Baccarat is a low-stakes table located in the main casino, usually next to the blackjack tables. It can accommodate up to 7 players. Midi-Baccarat can accommodate p players and have a one-dealer staff.
Playing the game
Baccarat is directed by three casino dealers, with one dealer being the Caller standing at the middle of the table where the cards will be placed. He directs the flow of the game and calls out the hand that wins. The other two dealers stand next to each other on the opposite side of the caller. They collect losing bets and pay off those that win. The playing rules and payoffs from the Baccarat game remain the same irrespective of the table at which you are playing.
- Baccarat hinges on the baccarat, and Italian game whose term means zero
- You can only make three bets (the player hand, bank hand or the tie)
- The goal is to guess which hand is close to 9 Baccarat has different six tables
- Midi-Baccarat had higher stakes than Mini-Baccarat
- A wager on the bank hand earns you a 1 to 1 payoff, but you have to pay a 5% commission
- Player hand winning bet earns you a 1 to 1 payoff
- Baccarat cards have value
- If the total surpasses nine, you have to drop the first digit of the total or subtract ten from the total
- Full-size baccarat table is located at the high stakes pit